Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff Members
Athena Photobucket Kali Photobucket The Sorting Hat Photobucket Persephone Photobucket Juno Photobucket Ollivander Photobucket
Latest topics
» климакс гинекология
by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 pm

» backlink checker free backlinks services
by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 am

» buy facebook likes xy
by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 am

» buy fans for facebook f6
by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:11 pm

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001 came as a surprise to the public
by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am

Twilight Series

2 posters

Go down

Twilight Series Empty Twilight Series

Post by Jaiden Edwards Sun May 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Before I have people throwing things at me, (I'm looking at you Scarlet), I thought I'd bring up the kind of interesting topic of Twilight: The Books.

A lot of people I know have either a love/love relationship with it or a hate/hate relationship with it.

For me, I'm a love/hate. Depending on my mood, I would absolutely love to read all the Twilight books. On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I absolutely hate the Twilight books, because of their really thin plot. As I said, it's a love/hate relationship for me.

What about everyone else?
Jaiden Edwards
Jaiden Edwards

Number of posts : 65

Registration date : 2010-01-14

Back to top Go down

Twilight Series Empty Re: Twilight Series

Post by Scarlet Brice Sun May 30, 2010 9:10 pm

*startstothrowbitheavyenormouslargedictionarythingatjaiden!*

Nice save Jai

I would be the hate/hate relationship. I will admit that when I was around thirteen or fourteen I loved the books and enjoyed reading them. But that was when I was younger. And might I remind love/lovers of the books that I was in the right AGE group to be enjoying the books.

I can see why people older may enjoy the books as 'dead-brain' material, you know, the kind of read you don't need your brain for, something to relax with. But it's the fanatics that really get me. The people entirely obsessed with the books.

Anyway enough on me ranting about twi-fans (is that what they call them? I call them twi-hards Razz ). As to the books I agree with Jai, the plot is thin very thin and borders of cliche. Actually it is cliche, some writers can pull of cliche like (as a fair comparison, genre to genre) Jeaniene Frost's "Halfway to the Grave" short novel. It is cliche in some respects, the guy falling for the girl, sex, sex, sex, blah, blah, blah. But I think it pulls it off and is aimed at the older readers of Twilight unlike Twilight was, originally.

As to the whole "developing the books as the characters grow up" I think I can safely say that, looking at JKR's development of her books (no matter their popularity) was gradual and realistic. Steph's books went from Thinking Edward was hot to wanting to shag him till dawn EVERY NIGHT (basically). And yes I have read the books because unfortunately I absolutely LOVE arguing about them. Hehe.

Anyway it's late and I'm really tired but if I've forgotten to insult anything else I'll be sure to post later. Razz
Scarlet Brice
Scarlet Brice

Number of posts : 75

Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum