Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff Members
Athena Photobucket Kali Photobucket The Sorting Hat Photobucket Persephone Photobucket Juno Photobucket Ollivander Photobucket
Latest topics
» климакс гинекология
by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 pm

» backlink checker free backlinks services
by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 am

» buy facebook likes xy
by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 am

» buy fans for facebook f6
by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:11 pm

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001 came as a surprise to the public
by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am

Alistair Finn

2 posters

Go down

Alistair Finn Empty Alistair Finn

Post by Alistair Finn Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:51 am

Character's Name Dr Alistair Reginald Finn

Talent Seer

Reason for application (100-500 words)

Dr Finn is reserved to be the teacher to the next great seer of the time, and to take his place as one of the few who can harness this great power to its fullest potential. When Owen Farly is discovered, Alistair is employed by the Ministry to guide this young wizard through the trials and tribulations of becoming a great Seer. Alistair being a seer is essential for Owen’s plot to move forward as it takes one great Seer to train another. Alistair’s family consists of a long line of Seers.

Members registration date June 5th

Sample of talent in a 300-1000 word post

"Isn’t it funny, Will?” Alistair murmured, his fingertips gently stroking the cat behind the ears. Will let out a short purr and blinked his eyes as if in agreement.

“It should be funny, but in this moment it seems more ironic than hilarious. After so long, after you and I had finally given in to the prospect of simply settling down--growing cabbages and shooing away gnomes and such—-here we are. Back in this castle, with its morbid halls and sallow-skinned students. This isn’t where I had expected to be after so long. I expected to be far away, with the cabbages and gnomes, and maybe Evelyn Chambers. Do you remember Evelyn, Will? No, of course you don’t.” Alistair’s scratching fingers paused and the cat let out a “merrow” of derision, kneading his claws into the wizard’s lapels.

“Ack! Indignant cat!” Alistair jolted up, spilling Will onto the floor in a heap of hissing blue-grey fur. “You deserved it.”

The cat stalked away to the corner, furiously licking his fur straight and grumbling obscenities in the polite way cats have perfected over a millennia. Alistair chuckled.

“But isn’t it funny? This dormitory, I remember it, remember its secrets, but I never thought I would be back. Of course, this isn’t our REAL home, Will. We have an office, and a room of our own. Fancy that. No, we’re only here until Owen comes back. Then we startle him sufficiently, tell him why we are here in his room, and then scamper off to find where they put our suitcases. Shouldn’t be long now, I suspect. I do miss the cottage though. September is always the best month for puffapods. And the pumpkins will be just starting to grow. Really a pity that—-“

The door creaked open and a tousle-haired boy walked in, his robes new and clean and ready for a new year. He stopped short at the sight of the doctor.

“Why hello there!” Alistair grinned, standing to shake the boys hand. “You must be Owen Fawly. I am Dr Alistair Reginald Finn, Order of Merlin, Second Class. I am to teach you the art of Seeing—-as from what I have been told, you are not particularly proficient at the subject, though you contain immense potential.”

How…how did you get into my room?

“You tell me.” Alistair’s eyes twinkled, a smile twitching at the edges of his mouth.
Alistair Finn
Alistair Finn

Number of posts : 6

Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Alistair Finn Empty Re: Alistair Finn

Post by Athena Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm

Your application is very impressive. However the talents must be carefully given and as Wizard Domain already has a seer it would be prudent to not accept your application.

However I'm feeling generous so I have two options for you to consider.

1. Alistair Finn is a seer who does not use his powers often, perhaps only once in a blue moon (aka. when someone PM's Alistair to 'see' something for their character). He might choose not to use his powers or is frightened to. This option is designed to approve your talent but also minimise it at the same time (errr Suspect ), the reason for this is that Wizard Domain already has a seer and I would like to spread the number of seer applications over a few years. Aka. Only every OOC year or two a new seer will appear on the board. This makes the IC plots more believable. We can't have five or ten 'functioning' seers running around the board (unless they have exceptional plots... keep reading for my loop hole).

OR

2. Alistair is the son (or any relation you want) to a great seer (like Sybil Trelawney was to her great-great-grandmother). However Alistair would be a famous divination expert who uses this talent regularly. This could mean he's never wrong, very proficient, is featured in magazines.

My opinion is that Alistair would work more with the second option. It gives your character more room to be NOT infallible. He could have some bad press or maybe have a run in with an unhappy 'client' who's prophesy came true and she's not happy. The first option although fun is hard to 'plot deviate' from Wizard Domain's current seer. If you can give me a detailed sketch of an interesting/different plot for Alistair as a seer I might reconsider and allow Alistair to be a 'full seer'. If your not interested you can choose from the two options above.

Sorry that took so long I just wanted to get all that information out of my brain and onto the screen. Very Happy
Athena
Athena
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 123

Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://wizarddomain.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Finn Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:08 am

Thank you for replying!

I do like the second option, it'd be fun to play around with him being a fallen celebrity of some kind. I'll start writing his charrie sheet, and I hope you like what I come up with!

I think I will go with a mixture of the two, of some kind : )
Alistair Finn
Alistair Finn

Number of posts : 6

Registration date : 2010-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Athena Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:03 pm

You don't have to play a "fallen" celebrity, maybe he can just have one or two hiccups but all in all he's pretty well off... otherwise there's no real upside to your special talent. Razz

But whatever you want just put it up in character sheet and I'll go have a look.

What do you mean by:
I think I will go with a mixture of the two, of some kind Smile
??
Athena
Athena
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 123

Registration date : 2009-03-14

https://wizarddomain.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down