Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Staff Members
Athena Photobucket Kali Photobucket The Sorting Hat Photobucket Persephone Photobucket Juno Photobucket Ollivander Photobucket
Latest topics
» климакс гинекология
by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:54 pm

» backlink checker free backlinks services
by Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 am

» buy facebook likes xy
by Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:36 am

» buy fans for facebook f6
by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:11 pm

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001 came as a surprise to the public
by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:28 am

Love, Sweat and Tears

2 posters

Go down

Love, Sweat and Tears  Empty Love, Sweat and Tears

Post by Tyler Atwood Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 am

The softness beneath his head was the first sign that he was no longer on the floor of the Evens Estate. His kept his eyes closed, not wanted to see the face of the woman whom he had someday hoped to call his wife. He could not fathom the hold that Theodore seemed to have on her. It was as if she was drawn to him in a way, well that wasn't exactly normal. He'd seen the fire in her eyes, a passion that she'd hidden well. Too well in fact! How could he have never seen it?

He'd always assumed there had been other men before him, but now that they'd been together for almost six years, he'd thought she'd erased all memories she had of them. He'd thought she was his and that she loved him in the irreversiable way that he loved her. Obviously there were still suppressed and unresolved feelings she had to work out.

He moved his head slowly, testing out how much it hurt. He hissed in pain, dammit he was going to need strong pain medication for this. He slowly opened his eyes taking in his bedroom, the one he shared with Scarlet. His so called girlfriend had shared his bed for most of their relationship and he'd never second guessed it. His mind drifted back to when he had last made love to her, she'd seemed so content and nothing had been out of place. Scarlet made him feel whole, like when she was away from him something was missing. He was no longer confident that she even cared when he went away or not.

He looked over at his bedside table where a box of pills sat with a glass of water next to them. He sat up slowly and rubbed his eyes, he was still in his suit from the ball. He knew it was uncalled for and probably not true but he couldn't stop thoughts of 'now my body repulses her' entering his mind. She couldn't even get me undressed without being sick! he thought to himself, knowing full well at the back of his mind Scar probably hadn't wanted to move him too much. But still feelings of inadequacey and fear of losing her washed through him strong and hard.

He quickly took two of the tablets and washed them down with a few gulps of water. He heard someone coming up the stairs, he assumed it was her. He quickly lay down again and closed his eyes. He didn't want to talk to her anytime soon, that was the one thing he was sure of.
Tyler Atwood
Tyler Atwood

Number of posts : 19

Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Love, Sweat and Tears  Empty Re: Love, Sweat and Tears

Post by Scarlet Brice Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:03 pm

A small sensation of fear was growing in the pit of Scarlet’s stomach. She’d had not felt this before in the whole course of her relationship with Tyler. He’d been safe, kind and caring, very intense at sometime but always kind and loving. Tonight however something had snapped. He’d found out her deepest and darkest secret, almost as soon as she had realised it herself. So long had she denied and suppressed her desire and longing for Theodore that she’d come to living a half-lie. Although she loved Tyler and couldn’t live without Theodore. Her love for Tyler was friendship and no more.
A lone tear fell from her soft green eyes. It was painful to know that she was giving pain to her dearest friend, someone she had shared moments with, someone with whom she’d shared her body with.

Grabbing a half empty bottle of fire-whiskey she pulled out a glass, staring at it for a few moments she quickly decided to pull out a second. Filling one to the brim she picked it up with her slender fingers and chucked it back.

“Fuck!” she yelled as she slammed the glass onto the table. The whiskey burned down her throat and she clutched it unconsciously. When the burning had subsided to a bearable throb she picked up the clean glass and began to make her way upstairs to the bedroom. Making sure she made as little sound as possible, so as not to disturb him she swung open his door. She quickly and shakily placed the fire whiskey bottle and empty glass on the bedside table before stumbling into the walk-in-robe. She spent a few seconds deliberating what she was going to wear. Feeling a little light headed and far too drunk (one good shot of fire whiskey always did her in) Scarlet finally decided to just slip out of her ball gown and have done with it. Beneath the folds of silk was a matching set of skin coloured lace lingerie. They weren’t overly provocative in fact compared to some of the pieces she had in her wardrobe they were downright nun-like. Too sluggish to really do anything than lie down Scarlet stumbled back to the bed and slid under the covers. Tyler had seemed to be asleep when she’d made her way into the bedroom so she curled up into a ball and attempted to slow her racing thoughts.
Scarlet Brice
Scarlet Brice

Number of posts : 75

Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Atwood Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:38 pm

He heard the door creak open softly as she entered the room. Did she really think he wanted to share his bed with her tonight? Though he hadn't seen her physically betray him, he wasn't daft. Of course kisses had been had and intimate embraces shared before he had found them. He hadn't even had a dance with Scarlet before she'd been whisked away by the one Mr. Evens. The irony of it! He should've been the one kissing his girlfriend in a quiet aclove, saying sweet nothings into her ears and having her look at him with passion she had for Theodore. Tyler was beginning to feel like he'd just wasted six years of his life with this woman and if he actually knew her at all.

Tyler figured he knew the Scarlet she wanted him to know. She'd always been hard to get things out of, he'd just put it down to her being reclusive. He'd never thought about it and had embraced it rather than get annoyed by it. He'd let her have her secrets and hadn't pushed her to share more of her past than she had wanted too, but now he regretted these decisions. He regretted trusting her, as it had led to his downfall. If he had known about the intense love which she obviously had for Theodore, he would've forced her to move countries so that she would forget all about him. But in his heart he knew he couldn't have made Scarlet forget. In one night this man had awoken something in her that Tyler had never seen, he didn't even want to imagine what he could do to her with a lifetime.

He heard her enter the walk-in-robe, obviously to change, he hoped then she would head back downstairs, or even better, spend the night at her mother's. He had been serious when he'd said don't come home. But she'd come anyway, to look after him. To an outsider she was being a good girlfriend and he wanted to believe that, but he knew better. She had only come because he'd had no-one else. He felt her crawl into bed with him and he could smell the alcohol radiating off her. He knew a discussion probably wasn't the best option right now, since alcohol intensified everything, but he couldn't help himself.

There was a part of him that was clinging to the hope Scarlet had come home to be with him. He wanted to believe she had chosen him rather than Theodore. He needed to find out exactly what they shared and what she was doing. Did six years really mean that little to her? He was determined to find out. He sat up slowly, his head still throbbed but he ignored it. He got out of bed and went and got himself changed into some sweat pants and a singlet. He washed his face, trying to get a hold of himself.

He'd never had to worry about Scarlet cheating, he'd never even thought about it. But tonight something had occured, whether by her doing or not. If Theodore had initiated it, then he'd forgive her willingly. But if she had, oh he would wring her pretty little neck. He gazed at himself in the mirror, he looked like a crazed man. Oh well, Scarlet would have to deal it.

He made his way back into the bedroom and snatched the covers off her roughly. She was only in her lingerie she had worn under her dress to the ball. Right now he should be peeling that off her, pleasuring her, making her moan. Instead he was staring at her with a look that screamed betrayl. He went and sat in the chair in the corner of the room. "Wake up," he barked at her, more hashly than he meant. He glanced at the bottle of Firewhisky and the glass next to her side of the bed. She knew what Firewhisky to do her, one shot and she up shit hole creek. "You've got some explaining to do," he said quietly, crossing his leg patiently.

He would remain calm and hear her out, but after....he didn't know.
Tyler Atwood
Tyler Atwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Brice Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Scarlet lay on the bed, eyes closed slightly frustrated at Tyler’s lack of response. He didn’t even know what had happened and she was acting like a teenager. Scarlet decided she wouldn’t say anything more unless he spoke to her, she was already half drunk and she didn’t need to make the situation worse by yelling at him.

Yelling and frustration was far more palatable to her than fear; she noticed vaguely that when she was exacerbated her fear slipped to the back of her mind, if she kept her irritation fueled she’d would protect herself.

She felt the bed creak slightly as Tyler’s wait was removed; he’d obviously gotten up to get himself changed and ready for bed. The silence was killing her. She could tell by his slow movements that his head was giving him pain; she blocked out the tantalising image of the man who had done all this. Squeezing her eyes shut momentarily she forced her mind to put Theodore Evens away, under some deep trap door where she wouldn’t have to deal with him for a while. Once she opened her eyes she was calm and collected.

Staying curled up tightly she heard Tyler’s footsteps as he came back into the bedroom. From the corner of her eye she could see his formidable form. For one split second she felt a trill of fear run through her heart, if she wanted to run she wouldn’t be able too, he’d be able to catch her with ease. The fear passed though, so quickly that she hardly remembered it when he roughly snatched the cover from her body.

“Wake up” he barked. Calmly Scarlet sat up, her hair tumbling down her shoulder and back, she stared impassively at Tyler not wanting to cause any more trouble. She glanced sideways at the bottle of fire whiskey and blushed, he knew that one drink and she was gone.

”You’ve got some explaining to do,” he said quietly. Scarlet nodded and pulled the sheet across her body, she was cold and didn’t want to start chattering her teeth though what was promising to be a late night.

“At the Evens Estate” she began, “I met Theodore Evens in ballroom. He recognised me as an,” she paused ever so slightly, “old friend. He wanted to talk and catch up, so I followed him to the sitting room. It was quieter and,” she faltered just a little, “we talked, he was sad that we hadn’t talked in years and...” she looked at Tyler sitting in the corner, she tried to convey as much meaning into her look as possible. She didn’t want to have to say that they’d kiss, she didn’t like the idea of hurting him. “He was very polite,” she remembered his greedy hands, “and very gentleman-like,” she remembered his wicked tongue, “I was perfectly safe,” she finished lamely.

“I’m sorry Tyler,” she finally gasped out. Tears trickling down her face, her expression was honest and so was her voice. She truly was sorry, in the forefront of her mind she was sorry for betraying him and kissing another man; secretly and unbeknownst to her she was also sorry that she would, at some point or another, have to leave him. For the moment however she was thinking of Tyler and the fragile love she felt for him. He had been there when she needed him and now she would be there for him.

“Please you must believe me,” she begged.
Scarlet Brice
Scarlet Brice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Atwood Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:07 pm

She stared impassively at him, he returned her gaze but his was cold and filled with fear. He was scared she would leave him. Even though he'd told her not to come home, the truth was that he was glad she was here. She had chosen to come home with him instead of being with Theodore, that was a good thing right? Well he was trying to convince himself of that anyway. Deep down though, something had clicked. A deep jealousy was festering inside of him, waiting to come to the surface. He despised the way Theodore had looked at her, he downright hated it. But what hurt him more than that, was the way Scarlet had returned his intense gazes, as if she longed for them.

He shook his head, he needed to stop thinking this way or he really would lose it. He reasond with himself, he would listen to her. Give her the benefit of the doubt, as he should. He wasn't just about to let six years go down the drain, no her would fight for Scar as long as breath still remained in his body. He listened to her account of the nights events, what she said made sense to a certain degree. But he knew she had left things out, things he needed to know. He didn't know if she was witholding them intentionally so as not to hurt him, or out of guilt. He didn't care anymore, he just wanted the truth.

He got up and stretched, his neck and head hurt like hell, he'd give the bastard one thing, he could deliver a decent punch. Tyler ran a hand through his disselved hair and looked at the blubbering mess that was his girlfriend. She pleaded with him to believe her, to forgive her. He wished it was that easy. It was so ironic how one night could arouse so much doubt within him. He wanted to go over to her, wipe the tears from her eyes and kiss her so deeply that she forgot all about Theodore.

But things didn't add up, if she and Theodore were just old friends, how did it justify him punching him in the face? He eyes narrowed on her, though he was sure the appology she had just uttered was real, he didn't believe the rest of her story. He went and sat on the end of the bed. "I believe some of what you've said...." he began, "I'm not an idiot Scar, there are things you're not telling me! For instance I don't believe for a second that you and Theo are just old friends...." he said, his voice getting louder.

"For fucks sake Scar, he punched me! He punched me in the face for merlin's sake!" he shouted at her. "What kind of friend would do that? Huh??" he said a little quieter. His breathing was shallow, he was getting too worked up and his head began to throb again. He let out a low moan and put his head in his hands. "Fuck!" he mumbled. He grabbed the bottle of Firewhisky next to her and took a long swig from the bottle.

"No more lies Scar, nor more secrets.....just tell me!" he begged her, his eyes boring into hers.
Tyler Atwood
Tyler Atwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Brice Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:41 pm

Scarlet roughly wiped away the tears from her face and watched as Tyler stretch and finally sat down beside her. Scarlet scanned his face, trying to decipher his reaction. She clutched the time turner slung around her neck, the shinny gold chain had been a gift from Theodore when they had been at school. No-one knew this and no-one knew that the time turner resting by her stomach was not a fake but very real.

Brushing a stray hair from her face she concentrated on what Tyler had to say. ”I believe some of what you've said...." he said, Scarlet breathed a small sigh of relief.

"I'm not an idiot Scar, there are things you're not telling me! For instance I don't believe for a second that you and Theo are just old friends...." Scarlet flinched, there was heavy and inexcusable truth in what Tyler was saying. She took a deep breath before considering what to tell him.

"For fucks sake Scar, he punched me! He punched me in the face for merlin's sake! What kind of friend would do that? Huh??" Scarlet remained silent allowing Tyler to pour his rage, frustration and confusion out on her.

"Fuck!" he mumbled. Scarlet watched as Tyler took the fire whiskey from her side table and took a long swig. She thanked Merlin he was better with his alcohol than she was.

"No more lies Scar, nor more secrets.....just tell me!" he finally said; his eyes bore into hers as if trying to pry the secrets from her soul. Scarlet nodded mutely before grabbing the bottle from him and taking a small swig.

“It started long before I met you,” she said, looking out in front of her at nothing in particular. “I was young, I was very young. Four or five I think. We met in the lane that separated his property from my parents property,” Scarlet smiled softly. “It was a beautiful lane, filled with jacaranda trees and when the petals fell the ground was a carpet of royal purple. I loved it there. Theodore and I used to play there as children. He’s a year older than me so we were able to meet almost everyday until his eleventh birthday; even then we saw each other every summer when the flowers were coming into bloom,” Scarlet hiccuped as the alcohol settled to her stomach. “We were the best of friends, we told each other everything. Even though he was a year above me he still took care to spend his lunch time with me or meet with me in the library. It wasn’t until I was a little older that a formed a...” Scarlet blushed, “a crush on him. I was young and foolish, I didn’t want to say anything to him so I didn’t. I kept it secret. He went on exchange in his sixth year and I hated him for it. He was leaving me alone I thought it was a rejection of me,” Scarlet looked down at her lap and fiddled with the edge of her lace panties. “It wasn’t until I was in my sixth year that he came back; he was changed but I still had feelings for him,” she was dumbing her emotions down for the sake of Tyler; she knew that if she told him that she’d loved him wildly and passionately Scarlet knew he wouldn’t take it well. “We dated for a year before he broke it off a week before he graduated. He went off to learn the family business while I completed my last year alone,” she slapped her legs in resignation.

“Until I met you,” she turned her face to Tyler and smiled gently. “You made me feel good about myself Tyler. You make me fell good about myself and I love you,” she lean over and kissed his cheek softly before rising from the bed intend on leaving him alone to ponder what she’d said.
Scarlet Brice
Scarlet Brice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Atwood Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 pm

He felt the bottle slip from his hand as she took it from him gently. He watched her with heavy eyes as she took yet another sip of Firewhisky. She was seriously going to regret that in the morning. Scarlet had always been a total lightweight when it came to alcohol, she hardly coped with any. She also had two extremes, she was either completely loopy or a morbid wreck. He didn't know which one he actually preferred and didn't really want to have to deal with either tonight. For now she seemed to be in control, that was a start.

He sat silently, staring at her as the tale unfolded. She didn't stop speaking for what seemed like at least a few minutes, she didn't pause either which slightly reassured him that what she was saying was true. He watched as she fiddled with her lingerie, this was probably as hard for her to say as it was for him to hear. It was just he couldn't imagine any other man with Scarlet. They had been together for such a long time he sometimes forgot that she'd had a life before she'd met him.

At her last words of how she loved him, he sighed and lifted his gaze to meet hers. She kissed his cheek and rose from the bed. She obviously wanted to leave him to think about what she'd said and that's exactly what he needed. He needed to process things and to try and make some sense of them. He watched her lithe form exit the room and waited until he no longer heard the soft patter of her feet.

He huffed and gently lay down on the bed, placing his hands behind his head. So she'd had a crush on Theodore eh? He knew he had to be way more than a crush but he let it slide, at least she'd admitted they'd gone out! He replayed the entire conversation back in his head, every last word. He believed what she had said. He didn't doubt her and he breathed a sigh of relief, at least that was one thing he no longer had to worry about. His next reaction was anger, why had she tried to lie to him in the first place? He would've been hurt but he would've gotten over it!

He rubbed his jaw absentmindedly. His next thought was why had Theodore punched him if he'd been the one that had broken up with her? Well that obvious, suppressed feelings again. He felt like punching something, he hated thining of Scar with another man and what they had done together. Scar hadn't been a virgin when they'd first met and he'd never bother to inquire as to how many guys she'd slept with. He assumed the number was low but even thinking about her and Theodore doing that make him want to be sick.

He slowly got up and knew he had to face her, he had to tell her that he loved her and that he forgave her. Though he still wanted to ask her a few more questions. He looked at the bottle of Firewhisky she'd left next to him, he seriously contemplated downing the whole bottle but reframed from doing so. It would do him no good, though he could hold triple the amount of alcohol that Scar could. He instead opted for a glass of water. He brushed his teeth quickly, before heading downstairs to look for Scarlet.

He found her sitting on the couch where they had made love numerous times. He actually doubted if there was any surface in their little house that they hadn't made love on. This brought a smile to his lips. He went and sat down next to her and gently pulled her into his lap, so that her back was against his chest. "I believe you," he said softly, running a hand gently up her arm. "I just can't fathom why you didn't tell me in the first place, especially since we were going to his house for a ball. Did you seriously think you wouldn't see him?" he asked her quietly.

There were still answers he wanted, he wanted all of this cleared up by morning. "Scar, why did you lie to me?" he asked her, his expression serious. "I also think that Theodore isn't over you....it's kind of obvious, especially when he punched me in the face. He doesn't seem to have much self control." He pulled a blanket over them so she didn't get cold. He breathed in her scent and closed his eyes, she was his and she loved him. The world was half right once again.

He put his thumb under Scarlet's chin and brought her face to his. "I love you Scarlet Ann Brice," he said strongly, his eyes boring into hers. "I don't want to make you feel good, I want you to be good. You are an amazing woman and I love every square inch of you," he said quietly. "Just no more lies or secrets. I don't care about your past, but it just helps if I know about it," he said smiling. His gaze fell to her lips and he kissed her softly but surely, running a hand through her hair, bringing her closer to him.

He needed to feel her against him, to assure himself she was there and it wasn't just an illusion. He needed to prove she was his and nothing was about to change that.
Tyler Atwood
Tyler Atwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarlet Brice Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Scarlet aimlessly wandered down the stairs to the well lived in living room and plopped down on the couch. She leaned her elbow on her knee and thanked her lucky stars that Tyler hadn’t gotten too curious; he seemed as though he excepted her dating Theodore as nothing more than a teenage crush. Scarlet blew out her breath watching as her hair danced across her face.

She was slowly coming to realise that what she had done tonight had been wrong. Kissing Theodore was only half of the wrong she’d done Tyler. Not confiding in him about her previous relationship had been a false move on her part. In her defence she had only ever dated two guys seriously, Theodore and Tyler; she wasn’t exactly a pro.

Raising her head slightly she listened to Tyler’s heavy footfalls as he made his way down stars. She didn’t know what to make of this; she’d left him so that he could gather his thoughts and think about what she’d said. Clearly she’d given him enough time.

Turning her head to the side she watched as he sat down on the couch beside her and was surprised when he pulled her onto his lap. He hadn’t done that for a while; Scarlet didn’t know whether it made her feel like a child or a lover. ”I believe you," he said as he ran his hand up her arm; clearly lover. "I just can't fathom why you didn't tell me in the first place, especially since we were going to his house for a ball. Did you seriously think you wouldn't see him?" Scarlet frowned.

“I didn’t know he would be there, he’s generally always away with business and besides that his mother sent the invitation,” Scarlet huffed. She was trying to ignore the pleasant sensation his fingers were making on her skin.

"Scar, why did you lie to me?" Scarlet lifted her head to the ceiling and expelled a breath.

“I didn’t want to upset you. It wasn’t prevalent,” she tried to explain, “I hadn’t seen him in seven years, I wasn’t going to dig up my past just to humour you. I would have looked like some idiot, parading around saying I had a boyfriend before you. Plus you never told me anything about your ex-girlfriends,” she teased lightly. The last part was very true, Scarlet had no idea who his past girlfriends had been, she didn’t even know how many he’d had.

"I also think that Theodore isn't over you....it's kind of obvious, especially when he punched me in the face. He doesn't seem to have much self control." Scarlet shivered at the thought of Theodore not being over her; it sent a thrill of pleasure coursing through her veins. Tyler pulled a blanket over them to stop the cold and Scarlet was grateful for the excuse of cold.

After his declaration of love, which Scarlet couldn’t help feeling over done she smiled sweetly and kissed him back. The feeling of his hands running through her hair combined with the inordinate amount of alcohol pulsing through her body made her forget most of what had happened that day.

Quickly spinning around Scarlet wrapped her legs around Tyler’s waist before deepening the kiss. She combed her long nails through his hair all the while pulling him closer. A quick thought rang through her mind before it was blocked out by the alcohol.

This is only friends with benefits.
Scarlet Brice
Scarlet Brice

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler Atwood Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:28 pm

OOC: Godmoding of Scarlet approved by pupperteer.

His mind was content. She'd answered his questions to his satisfaction, everything was sorted and in its place. This put him at ease and physically helped him relax. The stiffness from his back seemed to fade away, but the churning pit in his stomach did not move. Though he knew Theodore was something of Scarlet's past, the jealousy festering inside of him didn't seem to want to leave. If anything it grew more by him physically thinking about it. As long as Theodore stayed away from his girlfriend, everything would fine.

His mind drifted to the ring which lay in shoe box in the top of their walk-in-robe. He'd picked it out months ago, when he'd seen it he knew Scarlet would love it. It was getting to the stage where he knew he had to propose. His mother had been on his back for months and months. Six years is too long to date in her opinion without any formal commitment to each other. For Tyler, six years had been just right. He knew everything he cared to know about Scarlet and after tonight, he knew more.

Tyler wasn't blind, he knew there were certain things Scarlet kept locked up in a little box deep inside of her. Things she wouldn't share with anyone, not even him. He hoped becoming his finace would help her realise how committed he was too her and he hoped it may help that little box to open just a inch! He smiled, soon they would be married and starting their life together. It was everything he could hope for.

His mind was quickly drawn back to the present as Scarlet wrapped her legs around him deepening the kiss. He snaked a hand around her waist, bringing them torso to torso. He thrust his other hand deep into her auburn locks, crushing his lips against hers feverishly. It was as if he'd never truly tasted her, he was slowly and surely losing control.

He pushed her back onto the couch a little more roughly than he intended. She gave him a look but he didn't care, he continued to explore her body, to make her forget all about Theodore and anything she'd done with him. He pushed himself against her so they were limb to limb, nothing could come between them. His lips made their way down her throat until they reached the base of her neck, where he stopped. He grabbed both her hands and put them above her head as he explored her abdomen amongst other things. "Your mine," he mumured against her lips before picking her up swiftly, his lips still locked with hers.

She wrapped her legs around his waist, never breaking contact. He let out a soft groan, and quickly ripped her lacy camisole off her. He bit her bottom lip softly as she slid his singlet over his head. She looked to inviting for her own good. He threw her on the bed and then proceeded to have his way with her.....Blackout.
Tyler Atwood
Tyler Atwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum